12 okt. 2012

Books for a readathon

Nowadays the stacks of unread books are just about burying me alive. I have so many books I want to read. This dilemma is of course familiar to every passionate reader. Still, this year the sheer number of unread books in my flat seems higher than should be legally allowed.
Books ought to be read; it seems to me as if books have a right to be read. As if by buying a book I've made a covenant with it. Not with the author, mind you, I don't consider my self having any sort of obligation toward the author. Rather, by buying a book I've made a commitment to it, to the story itself, that ought not be broken for any reason.

As you can see, I take my stories seriously.

So, how to pick the books for the readathon? I know from experience that too intricate, complicated books are ruled out. The attention span one has after hours of reading is simply too short.
Reading shorter books helps with this too. Books in Swedish (my first language) is necessary for the later hours of the thon. Graphic novels are really good, because they don't take very long to read.

Here is a short list of some possible contenders:
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar