13 okt. 2012

Hour 3

The downside of the readathon is that after a while I tend to forget why I do it. The reason for doing it is of course that I enjoy it, that I love reading. But as the hours pass I become more and more stressed.
I can no longer relax in the simple joy of reading, I start to focus on how much (or rather, how little) I've read. I compare myself to other readathoners and I feel like I'm less for not having read as many books as they have, or as intelligent and deep books as they have, or [insert stupid reason here].

This is not a situation unique for the readathon, it's something I do all the time. Still, I'm doing the readathon because I like it, because I want to. I don't want the disparaging voice in my mind resulting in making something I love doing less enjoyable.

On a less serious note, here's my entry to the snack mini-challenge:


2 kommentarer:

  1. Looks so healthy! Well, except for the snickers :P

    Good luck! Don't stress too much!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I always end up feeling like a muppet during read-a-thons too, when someone has read four books and 2400 pages already, and I've read 200 pages and not finished my first novel yet! But then I stick my nose BACK into my book again and convince myself it's the sleep deprivation talking... ;)

    P.S. I have that mug too! When we decided to stock them in our little bookshop I immediately had to buy Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and Persuasion - perfect for a big read-a-thon-ready mug of coffee!

    SvaraRadera